Strawberries and Chocolate.
Strawberries are one of my favourite fruits and luckily, everyone around loves them as well Don’t know what I would do if anybody was allergic to them in this household! Love the time of year when Strawberries come out and are so sweet and juicy. I enjoy having them on their own, in delicious smoothies, as well as having them in my oatmeal in the morning. Sometimes I freeze them whole, or cut them up before freezing to use later- in oatmeal, smoothies or for having to add to any baked goods.
Strawberries and chocolate go together so well, one of my favourite combinations! I like to make up this easy snack for my daughter after school, you can even use as an appetizer if you want. I used to just fill strawberries with plain cream cheese – that was good — this is better! I’m such a huge chocolate fan I thought I would try adding a bit of chocolate to give it a little extra boost, and they were a huge hit with my daughter! They are so good and they are a healthy snack! And that is how it became strawberries and chocolate cream cheese. This is a super simple recipe and the best when strawberries are in season.
Strawberries and chocolate cream cheese
- 1 pint of strawberries
- Half a brick of cream cheese softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of cocoa depending and help chocolatey you like it -I add more because I really like the Cocoa
- A teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey -again depending on how sweet you like it
- Wash strawberries and cut off tops, cut into the center and scoop out to create a little ‘cup’ as in the picture above set aside
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and mix thoroughly until combined and mixture looks like a thickened with whipped cream
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into each of the strawberry centers.
- If not eating right away place in refrigerator to chill, but really ….they may not last that long 🙂
P.S. another fun combination…strawberries and Nutella not as nutritious, but still very good! 🙂
What are your favourite ways to have strawberries?